You’ve heard of Amazon. But Amazon Digital Services? That one’s a bit different. Perhaps it’s showing up on your bank statement with a hefty charge. First, you’ve got to know what it is. Then you can decide whether or not you want to cancel your Amazon Digital Services subscription to save a buck.
Pause subscriptions with one click
Manage & pay your bills with confidence
What Is Amazon Digital Services?
Amazon sells products — clothing, electronics, household goods, and plenty more. However, Amazon also sells digital services, aptly named Amazon Digital Services. The charge may appear on your bank statement as Amazon Digital Svcs.
Its digital services arm includes things like music streaming, eBooks, software, additional television channels that you can tack onto your Prime video membership, and much more. Think Amazon Drive, Kindle Unlimited, and Audible.
With an Amazon account, you can sign up for one of these subscription-based services. Then you’d pay a monthly or annual fee to access the Amazon Digital Service.
How Much Do Amazon Digital Services Cost?
Amazon Digital Services (Amazon Digital Svcs) is one of Amazon’s offerings. There are numerous digital services to choose from, some of which include:
- Kindle: After the 30-day free trial, the Amazon Kindle membership costs $9.99 per month
- FreeTime Unlimited: This service targets children aged 3-12 and offers physical and audio books, educational apps, games, movies, and more starting at $4.99 per month. Prime members can access a discounted cost starting at $2.99 per month
- Amazon Prime: Ideal for lovers of Prime’s free delivery who also want to access Prime television shows, movies, and music, the Amazon Prime under Amazon Digital Services subscription costs $12.99 per month ($119 for an annual membership)
- Audible: Get access to audio books, podcasts, and other audio materials starting at $14.95 per month
How to Cancel Amazon Digital Services
There are three ways to cancel your Amazon Digital Services account:
- By phone
- On a mobile device
Cancel Amazon Digital Services online
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Click Memberships and Subscriptions
- Then, select Manage Subscription
- Click Advanced Controls (this will take you to the main subscription page)
- From there, make changes to or cancel your account as needed
Cancel Amazon Digital Services by phone
- Call 888-280-4331
- Request cancellation for your subscription
- Have your account information and subscription details prepared
- As proof of your cancellation, request a confirmation number or email
Cancel Amazon Prime subscription on mobile device
You can cancel your Amazon Prime membership directly from the app.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android device
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top left corner
- Then, select Account Settings from the drop-down menu
- Choose Manage Prime Membership
- Click the Membership option
- After that, proceed with your cancellation
Cancel Amazon Music membership
You can cancel your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription using the Amazon website.
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Select Amazon Music Account from the drop-down menu
- Then, choose Amazon Music Settings
- Select Cancel Subscription from the subscription renewal menu
- Identify your reason for canceling the subscription and tap Submit
- After that, select Confirm Cancellation
Cancel Kindle Unlimited subscription
To cancel on the Amazon website:
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Go to Manage Your Kindle Unlimited Membership
- From the Manage Memberships menu, choose Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership
- Fill in the date you want the service to end
Note: You can read the books that you’ve paid for until the end of your current billing cycle if you cancel your subscription. After your cancellation date, your books will no longer be available in your library.
Additionally, you shouldn’t expect a refund for unused months of your subscription if you activated the membership with a gift or bundle.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cancel Amazon Digital Services?
You can easily cancel Amazon Digital Services by logging into your Amazon account and navigating to Your Memberships and Subscriptions. Then, you can select the subscription that you’d like to cancel, choose Manage Subscription, and confirm that you’d like to end your membership.
Will I get a refund after canceling Amazon Prime?
Paid Amazon Prime members can receive a full refund for their current membership period if you haven’t taken advantage of your Prime benefits yet. You can expect the refund to hit your account within 3–5 business days.
Will my subscription end automatically after I cancel it?
Your Amazon Digital Services (Amazon Digital Svcs) subscription will not terminate immediately once you cancel. You will have your membership until the renewal date and then it will automatically cancel. Until your monthly subscription expires, you can still view your content.
Is it possible to cancel an Amazon digital order?
If you’ve placed an order with Amazon, you can cancel it before it ships by heading to Your Orders. You can cancel other digital items, such as Kindle books, within seven days, as well as video orders within 24 hours of purchasing.
Why was I charged for Amazon Digital Services after I canceled it?
An Amazon Digital Services (Amazon Digital Svcs) charge may appear on your bank statement as Amazon Digital Svcs. When you subscribe to an Amazon Digital Service, you give the company permission to automatically charge your payment method at the start of your next billing cycle.
For instance, if you subscribe to a digital service for one year, you will automatically be charged for the following year at your renewal period.
If you wish to cancel your Amazon Digital Services subscription, you can do so online, by phone, or via the app in most cases.
Looking to cut down on more subscriptions? Read more about how to cancel Showtime on Amazon.